This is Jacquie Robinson, written JQ for short. I’m actually a film major who is slightly more interested in Set Photography, Photojournalism, Photo Manipulation and Fashion Photography (time to change majors, maybe!?).
Took my first picture in Colombia at the age of 5. Got that first digital camera in 2002. Took and edited most of the pictures featured in “Neighborhood Times”, the child rendered newsletter my friends and I started in 2005. A few years later, in 2009 to be exact, I traveled to Mexico and found myself intrigued with the cowboy lifestyle and ranch activities. Afterwards, I returned a few times in order to try out photojournalism. The summer of 2013, I moved to France to work on various photo projects .
Other random fun facts 🙂
- College Senior but considering the possibility of not finishing my degree.
- Tigers, butterflies and the color purple are my favorites.
- As a child, I jokingly wished to run away and join the circus.
- At 14, my alternate career of choice was “Mermaid”.
- Fashion is totally a form of art. Don’t forget, the world is your runway!!! ❤
- Tigger, my favorite toy in the whole wide world, has traveled more than me.
- Found out both my parents had pet monkeys O.O I want a pet fox. Or Skunk. Or tiger. Is that a thing?
Photographers that inspire me include:
- Tom Chambers– Thought provoking photomontage often illustrating animals.
- Brooke Shaden– Conceptual photography illustrated through photomanipulation.
- Elena Kalis– Breathtaking underwater photography.
- Rockie Nolan – Fashion photographer who recently graduated with a BFA.
- Felicia Simion– Another young photographer with a captivating color scheme.
- Robin Schwartz – Wonderful work with her daughter Amelia in the company of animals.
- Jim Jordan– Crisp Fashion Photography (music plays in the background)
You can contact me through Facebook ❤
Feel free to like my page. It’s getting awkward now that I have more wordpress followers than FB likes!